Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year - Family Fun

I rarely make new year's resolutions. I often consider it but never feel really committed. I never feel strongly enough about them to mind too much if I don't stick to them.

This year, I am making one that I am actually attached to. Every week this year, our family of 5, will do at least 1 activity or outing together, just the 5 of us. We have talked to the kids about it and they love the idea. They can help us come up with fun things to do. I am predicting that Finian's suggestion will be the same every week, to go to the zoo.

We have fantastic friends and we love spending time with them but when we are together in a big group, I don't feel like I am connecting with my kids. I need my friends and the kids need theirs, but we also need time as a family, and hence the resolution. I am excited!

Fiacra, Ailbhe, and Finian

This is the kids' Christmas photo from this year. They look so angelic. Can I just say that photos can be very deceptive.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea! I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    I agree, we have phenomenal friends, but we often feel the same way - that we are not connecting with our kids when we are with friends all the time.

    Can't wait to read about the first adventure!

    See you soon!

    T

    ReplyDelete