Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year - Fitness Goals

My goal for the winter is to run 3 times a week (which I already do), to go on the bike trainer once a week (which I usually do), and to add a weights workout 3 times a week. I need to come up with a good weights workout that doesn't take too long, that I can just fit in at some stage during the day.

My typical running schedule is:
Tuesday 6:30am 40 minutes
Thursday 6am 50 minutes
Sunday 8am 50 minutes

I had a great run on Sunday morning in new snow. I always run right through the winter and love it. I think my coldest run so far this year has only been -14C, I can go a lot colder than that.

The challenge this winter will be time. We have a lot on our plate for the next 6 months. Exercising early morning is great. I get up, have my coffee and cereal, and go, and I'm done for the day. Early mornings mean early nights however, and considering that Connell and I usually get things done after the kids are in bed, this wipes out quite a few nights during the week. I guess we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that! I find the early morning exercise wipes me out in the evenings. Like you guys, we also get a lot done once the kids are in bed. Maybe you need to have a power nap when Finn does. I find a short nap on the couch makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete